Coding for Pre-readers
Learning to code has never been easier! Tynker Junior is the fun, interactive way to spark your kid’s interest in coding. Kids (ages 5-7) learn coding basics by connecting together picture blocks to move their characters.
5 Fun Adventures
- Get introduced to block coding as you meet all the characters
- Design your own aquarium with different sea creatures, props and music
- Help Gillie the goldfish move through a maze to collect treasure
- Learn sequencing, pattern recognition and critical thinking
Solve Coding Puzzles
Tynker Junior was inspired by the award-winning Tynker programming language, used by 60 million kids and in over 90,000 schools worldwide. The language and user interface are designed to make learning to code easy for pre-readers, using picture blocks, a tap-based interface with no dragging, friendly voiceovers, helpful hints, and a subtle increase in difficulty to motivate completion.
Learn Fundamental Coding Concepts
- Learn to code by solving puzzles and games
- Use picture block coding to solve problems
- Learn sequencing and pattern recognition while collecting treasure
- Use events and parameters to fix an ancient robot factory
- Help endangered animals reach their homes with loops and counters
- Design your own robots and aquariums with code
Build Projects with Code (NEW!)
Sandbox studios are a creative way for pre-readers to experiment, since there is no wrong answer, and any combination of code blocks that they put together will generate a result.
- Art Studio - Program art with math.
- Music Studio - Compose music with code.
- Animation Studio - Tell stories with code.
- Greeting Studio - Design greetings for any occasion.
- Game Studio - Hack your own minigames.
Each sandbox features friendly voice-guided tutorials, a help system, and word-free picture blocks to motivate pre-readers to create whatever they can imagine!